Internal Revenue Service

If you are experiencing difficulties with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for any of the following issues, please complete my Privacy Act Release Form and IRS Form 8821, Tax Information Authorization. Topics may include delayed income tax returns and refunds, amended tax returns, and failed attempts to resolve general tax matters independently. If you have any questions on how I can help, please don't hesitate to contact my District Office at (920) 907-0624.

Below are resources for frequently requested information:

Where can I get IRS forms?

Download IRS forms

Order by phone: 1-800-829-3676

For the hearing impaired: 1-800-829-4059

Order by fax: (703) 368-9694

Who can I talk to about problems like liens, back taxes, penalties, etc.?

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS. Advocates can help with tax problems that you can’t resolve on your own. The Taxpayer Advocate Service in Wisconsin can be reached at (414) 231-2390.

Need free tax assistance?

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) organizations provide free help for qualified individuals. Generally, help is provided to people who earn $56,000 or less, the elderly, the disabled, and people who speak limited English.

The Tax Counselling for the Elderly (TCE) program provides free tax counseling and federal return preparation to individuals who are age 60 or older.

VITA and TCE sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, schools, shopping malls and other convenient locations across the country. To locate a VITA or TCE site, use the VITA Locator Tool or call 1-800-906-9887.

The majority of TCE sites are operated by the AARP Foundation's Tax Aide program. To locate the nearest AARP TCE Tax-Aide site between January and April use the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Locator or call 1-888-227-7669.

Stay Connected

Use the form below to sign up for my newsletter and get the latest news and updates directly to your inbox.