I am pleased to announce that the Congressional App Challenge (CAC) will be hosting its annual coding competition this year. Students are encouraged to register online and submit their app by November 1, 2023.
The CAC is open to all middle and high school students in Wisconsin’s 6th Congressional District. Students entering the competition must submit their app to the CAC during the Competition Submission Period from June 15 to November 1, 2023. The winner from the 6th District, chosen by a panel of expert judges, will be featured on the CAC website. The winning app will also be eligible to be on display in the U.S. Capitol, honoring the winners from across the country.
Topic: The app can be about any topic.
• Platform: The app can be on any platform (web app, desktop/PC app, a web browser extension, robot, Ruby on Rails, mobile, etc.).
• Functionality: The app must have some degree of functionality to be competitive.
• Content Suitability: The app cannot be indecent, defamatory, in obvious bad taste, demonstrate a lack of respect for public morals or conduct, adversely affect the reputation of congressional districts, or depict hatred, defame, or threaten a specific community in the society or incite violence. Apps containing pornography, obscenity, or sexual activity are prohibited. The app must not violate the Intellectual Property, common law, or privacy rights of other parties.
• Originality: The app must be original and solely owned by the contestant such that no other party has any rights or interest, whether known or unknown.
• Demonstrate an understanding of computer programming skills.
• Quality of the idea.
• Implementation of the idea.
A detailed list of rules and guidelines for the Challenge can be found here. For more information, please visit the official CAC website at CongressionalAppChallenge.us, email StudentSupport@CongressionalAppChallenge.us, or contact my office at 920-907-0624.
• Congressional App Challenge Website
• Student Registration